Help me decide!

fatpuffer

Here is the deal. I will be getting a 150 gallon tank (5 x 2 x 2'). Filters will be an xp3 and a fluval 404 (I will switch over to an FX 5). I am not getting it until January. Anyways...I am thinking the following:

New world cichlid:

1 x EBJD

2 x Heros notatus

2 x Lemon oscars

2 x HRP

OR

1 x motoro stingray

15+ columbian tetra OR buenos aires tetra OR congro tetra (school of bigger tetras)

OR

1 x Fahaka puffer --> probably NO tankmates depending on his or her temperament...maybe convict or two.

If i go for the puffer or ray, I will have to get rid of my beloved EBJD. Why can't fahaka be more friendly!

ANY COMMENTS OR IDEAS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATE!

Jonah

Go with the new world cichlid tank IMO. I think that tanks look better when it's not just one amazing fish with not much else, such with the Motoro or Fahaka. Besides, that is a perfect tank for those New Worlds and you already have them! You won't have to get rid of anything, or get anything this way right? Rays and big puffers are awesome, but they don't do it for me like a community of brutish cichlids does.

Just my opinion, but go for that one, and I would also add some catfishes to the list if you do go that route, keep it south american with a couple Columbian Sharks and one of the larger plecos, I'd reccomend Mango because I think they look great.

Whatever you choose, it's sure to be a great tank Jonah!

Taylor

New World all the way.

okay...pretty much a ray vs. new world. Would the ray and school of large tetras be okay with one EBJD? The EBJD is well-mannered and has been living with smaller fish (platies x 2 and morgurnda gudgeon x 2).

Water change regimen for my tanks is 30-50 percent 1-2 times a week right now. Will keep the same regimen with the bigger tank...is this okay?

Js