just another convict question

newbie2

Hey all, I just got a 20g from my parents basement and am just about done cycling it. My plan is to use it to put some bolivian rams in while i cycle a new 75/90g im getting for them, some angels and congo tetras, but after that im wondering about using it for some convicts.

The question is- is this enough room for a pair of convicts? and if it is, can i feed the ensuing hundreds of fry to the bolivians, angels and congos in the bigger tank? If not I wouldn't know what to do with them.

convits are territoryal, you could try your luck with a 20 gallon but i would not recamend it. 15 to 20 gallons for a male and 10 for a female, also when you have convicts all you need to have convict fry is just add water -roll-

convits are territoryal, you could try your luck with a 20 gallon but i would not recamend it. 15 to 20 gallons for a male and 10 for a female, also when you have convicts all you need to have convict fry is just add water -roll-

What is a "convit" and what does the word "territoryal" meen?

I have had them breed in a 20 gallon tank with out a problem.

I had a breeding pair of Convicts in a 20 gallon for over a year (and thousands of babies) without any issues. Ok, actually my one issue was fry overload!

Just gave them a piece of slate, half a flower pot, some gravel and a few fake plants (tried live plants but they didn't make it thru the "remodeling" the male did on a daily basis!).

Tammy