Pythons vs other kinds

Shai

That sounds more costly , they are charging $1.00 a foot. Tubing at Princess Auto ran around the.50 mark depending on diameter. So a watebed fill kit plus tubing is cheaper. I'd check the Goodwills for donated refill kits.

Henry sells the neccessary siphon valve (ie. waterbed kit). The other hose attachments are reaily available at HD/Rona, including shutoff valves and garden hose fittings to attach to the vinyl tubing. You'll find the tubing there too but you'll pay alot more than the stuff for sale at Princess auto (spring for the larger diameter tubing (3/4") as the thinner tubing tends to fold and slow the water flow). I've built two of these, one at 30' and another at 50'.

Henry sells the neccessary siphon valve (ie. waterbed kit).

Sorry, who is Henry?

The waterbed kit is the only piece I'm missing. I went out on the weekend and picked up the rest of the components, but couldn't find a kit anywhere (don't want to bother trying an actual waterbed place, they'd probably mark up the cost astronomically).

Henry owns Nature's Corner... Click on his banner to get his contact info (doubt he'd respond to a PM). He might ship for a good rate (maybe order some other goodies, too :) )

i also noticed with the "python" system that it bends very easily and kinks are quite frequent.

it also doesnt suck up the larger cichlid crap which is most attainable in my household.

i wouldnt mind a 3/4" or larger hose to do syphoning with.

but that is just my 2 cents.

Quinn