Hi Fish Lovers!

Northranger

Hi everyone,

I'm Hal, from the McKenzie area of Calgary's SE.

I recently bought some green Heros from a fellow who recommended I look at this site if I wanted to get into larger tanks.

After a quick look around at the forum topics boy, was he right! A lot of knowledgable and helpful (a rarer trait) people in this group it seems.

I'm in the market for a larger tank (family birthday present this week, I hope :thumbs:).

I look forward to exploring these posts, getting to know the group a bit and learning alot in the coming weeks!

Til then, travel safe!

Northranger

ps - I heard about the Zoo's new tanks and plan to donate some cichlids to their efforts.

65 gal hex - Community tropical 3D background (Hatchets on top, neon/cardinal school, Columbian tetras, bleeding heart tetras, flying fox (2), Chinese algae eater (orange 4" (I just passed on two other 7" of the same type, one orange, one a green pattern like a pike), a Cory cat and some ghost shrimp

55 gal - Cichlid tank with 3D background in development - on line to cycle up starting Jan 19th or so.

30 gal - Cichlid - Odds and ends from friends- still learning about these ones.

10 gal - Cardinal school, ghost shrimps, flying fox, Cory cat

10 gal - Pseudorgil furcatus - I believe often called "Furcata Rainbows", snail, rescued female Betta, Cory cat, Flying fox

??? gal - looking around for the right combo (at the right price lol) now.

I run Aquaclear filters on my tanks, tending to go heavy on the filtration with frequent water changes, (like using the 110 models in the 65 hex and 30 gal.)

pps - I am fairly new using forums, like this one. I've read the rules here and think I understand them, but if any member ever feels I am close to or have crossed any of them, a gentle word of advice will work far more effectively on me than a kick in the b***s lol!

Trust me, I'd appreciate it... and I know my b***** would!

Edited by Northranger

Welcome to the forum

Hey Hal,

Welcome!

Hi everyone,

I'm Hal, from the McKenzie area of Calgary's SE.

I recently bought some green Heros from a fellow who recommended I look at this site if I wanted to get into larger tanks.

After a quick look around at the forum topics boy, was he right! A lot of knowledgable and helpful (a rarer trait) people in this group it seems.

I'm in the market for a larger tank (family birthday present this week, I hope :thumbs:).

I look forward to exploring these posts, getting to know the group a bit and learning alot in the coming weeks!

Til then, travel safe!

Northranger

ps - I heard about the Zoo's new tanks and plan to donate some cichlids to their efforts.

65 gal hex - Community tropical 3D background (Hatchets on top, neon/cardinal school, Columbian tetras, bleeding heart tetras, flying fox (2), Chinese algae eater (orange 4" (I just passed on two other 7" of the same type, one orange, one a green pattern like a pike), a Cory cat and some ghost shrimp

55 gal - Cichlid tank with 3D background in development - on line to cycle up starting Jan 19th or so.

30 gal - Cichlid - Odds and ends from friends- still learning about these ones.

10 gal - Cardinal school, ghost shrimps, flying fox, Cory cat

10 gal - Pseudorgil furcatus - I believe often called "Furcata Rainbows", snail, rescued female Betta, Cory cat, Flying fox

??? gal - looking around for the right combo (at the right price lol) now.

I run Aquaclear filters on my tanks, tending to go heavy on the filtration with frequent water changes, (like using the 110 models in the 65 hex and 30 gal.)

pps - I am fairly new using forums, like this one. I've read the rules here and think I understand them, but if any member ever feels I am close to or have crossed any of them, a gentle word of advice will work far more effectively on me than a kick in the b***s lol!

Trust me, I'd appreciate it... and I know my b***** would!