feel like im gonna puke

newbie2

I thought of bypassing the assembly right away but didnt have enough hose. the glue is working for now. The carpet behind tank is wet so Im guessing its had a drip for a while and I made it worse when I took it apart. at least Im up for work at 5 so I can check on it then.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I guess, mental note, always buy spare parts and extra hose.

Thanks again

My first question is What were you doing cleaning a canister that you only had running for 3 weeks, and on a lightly (IMO) stocked tank? At the most I clean my Eheim's and FX5 once every 6 MONTHS, and even that's pushing it. Canisters are almost all meant to be biological, NOT mechanical filters, so even though their flow rate may decrease, it doesn't mean that they're doing their job any less. I just cleaned my FX5 for the first time in 11 months, and have a number of Eheims that I probably haven't touched in at least 6 months.

Had a charcoal pad in there that I didnt think I needed anymore since I think they take out the fertilizers for planted tank. And as you can tell by the name.... I am a newbie