FX5 on a 90?

Stacey

So I'm reading Frank's post about the fx5's for sale for $220..... thinking this seems like a mighty fine deal. :thumbs: (Basically, I think I'm just trying to talk myself into one!)

....Does anyone think it might be too much filtration? (I know it's been said you can never have enough!)

The tank is a standard rectangular 90 gallon, which houses and oscar and a pleco. Though these fish are no longer babies, they've got a while to go before they out grow the tank..... hmmm..... an fx5 might be handy on the larger tank they'll eventually need..... ( :rolleyes: told you I'm trying to talk myself into one.)

I'm currently running an xp3 and an emperor 280. This tank gets so much dirtier than all of my other tanks..... (of course, all my other fish are much smaller.)

Should I go for it??

So I'm reading Frank's post about the fx5's for sale for $220..... thinking this seems like a mighty fine deal. :thumbs: (Basically, I think I'm just trying to talk myself into one!)

....Does anyone think it might be too much filtration? (I know it's been said you can never have enough!)

The tank is a standard rectangular 90 gallon, which houses and oscar and a pleco. Though these fish are no longer babies, they've got a while to go before they out grow the tank..... hmmm..... an fx5 might be handy on the larger tank they'll eventually need..... ( :rolleyes: told you I'm trying to talk myself into one.)

I'm currently running an xp3 and an emperor 280. This tank gets so much dirtier than all of my other tanks..... (of course, all my other fish are much smaller.)

Should I go for it??

It wont be too much. I am running an FX5 on my 75 gallon and it's perfect. Very good flow and the fish is very happy :)

Definately. I run an FX5 on a 55G with five fancy goldfish. It keeps a nice current in the tank and minimizes the amount of service the filter needs.

I bought a second FX5 via the deal Frank brokered last time a few months back. It's an unbeatable price.

Edited by BooUrns!

Should I go for it??

I would stacey.... move the xp3 to another tank shut down and save the emperor as a backup or sell it....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Definately. I run an FX5 on a 55G with five fancy goldfish. It keeps a nice current in the tank and minimizes the amount of service the filter needs.

I bought a second FX5 via the deal Frank brokered last time a few months back. It's an unbeatable price.

How much current are we talking here?

I have an extra FX5 that I was considering on putting on a 55 that is a little overstocked...

How much current are we talking here?

I have an extra FX5 that I was considering on putting on a 55 that is a little overstocked...

I find the current to be very little due to the dual output nozzle..... of course I don't have one on a 55 either. I would try it, provided there are no really small fish in the tank.