Hi...

zoodles

Hello every one I am new to the forum I am in North edmonton and have a near empty 20g tank...I kinda just happened into fish about a year ago started with Plattys (do they do anything but Pro-create!!!???!!!)and found that I am more relaxed in their pressence...

So in the last year we have had several fish but are now I only have a breeding (and much to my childrens horror canniballizing (sp??) pair of Cribensis Ciclids The boy(Bob) is 3 1/2 inchs aprox and girl(Sue) is 2.... and well I'm no expert here but I'm pretty sure she just dropped another batch of eggs...as well as one (I can only imagine )TERRIFIED fry(Timmy the 8th as he is the last lone survivor of 8 breedings ...we still desperately miss Timmy"s 1 thru 7and all gazzillion of their siblings...).

I would like to make my tank into a community tank so my kids are not scarred for life as they have watched the pair Eat their young(No sweety mommy & daddy will never EVER eat you!!!) and injur Maim or kill the other 7 fish we used to have. I hope someone out there will help me to figure out how to do this cuz well I'm pretty clueless as yet and well willing to learn...

I dont have a pic of my tank as yet and to be honest it is pretty dull...plain sand bottom, 3 plastic coralish looking walmart brand decorations a burblating sting ray, a fairy castle one floating glow in the dark plastic plant, a plastic glow in the dark sea anenomea a princess castle...also known as the nursery... and a plastic spiderman figurine(which scared the living crap out of Bob Sue and lil Timmy the 8th for the first week in which it was a guest in the tank...now Tt8 hangs out between spidey's legs trying to blend in or look like part of a tough crowd to avoid being eaten by Bob )

So I guess My next posting will be for trading Bob, Sue and Timmy the 8th for more community friendly fish and then work on getting some non fake plants...all sugestions are welcome and all advice considdered

Please excuse the sarcasm in my post I have been up all night with children who thanks to Regis and Kelly are convince Yetti is real and going to eat them... goodnight...er morning all hope your day is good ..look forward to meeting and getting to know you all

sleepily yours,

Ange

Welcome to the forum, and don't despair there is lots of help here.

:welcome:

If you have fry, there are breeding nets that hang off the side of the tank, there you can keep Timmy's in there so that Bob doesn't eat Timmy's...

Bob usually will stop eating Timmy's when they grow large enough, hard to swallow children when they are bigger then bit sized. Breeder nets usually only cost less then 10 dollars. I use nets instead of breeding traps (plastic pains in the butts they are).

Also, if you get some live plants such as Java Moss the fry will hide in them away from hungry mouths, only some will become lunch but most will make it.

Yes Yeti does live, I dated him once.. LOL :tongue:

:welcome: And by the way ,,, I seen a whole herd of Yeti tonight on the way Home . So they are still out there.