How did Everyone do at the Auction?

NatureNut

I had a ton of fun, and spent more than I planned, but it all went well. I got a ton of plants, and on returning home I'm wondering where to put them all. LOL Good thing I bought a new little tank... it might get a lot of plants. ;-)

Not sure if I remember everything, but I got a granite deco for the 5g hex, an auto feeder, some magazines, a pump, one of the little betta kits, which will be used for exploring the world of bugs with my kids, um... and some other stuff.

The friend who came with me bought the livebearer assortment bag (WAY cool, and if the person who sent that is here I'd love a PM with what little invert that is in with them), the glass catfish and the funky decoration complete with pink coral topper. Her kids will be over the moon excited to see those.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent far too much as well. got a 50 gal tank, a couple of ornaments, a couple of the beta tanks, aquaclear 500, some red granite, a ton of fish with only 1 loss (sterbi Cory Cat) :cry: and in the end i managed to get the corydora sp. "black" that i went to the auction for. :thumbs: All in all a very fun day.

Thanks go out to all the runners and all who helped out.

I got the Leopard Frog Pleco, several Nerite Snails, couple of cool plants, and a heater. Spent a bit...... but after factoring in the profit from what I sold, I'm only down about 15 bucks! :thumbs: I love auctions, can't wait for the next one!

I didn't get to go to the auction because of my back :cry: but the hubby went and brought me home a few little clown loaches, some huge Cories, a few Sterbai Cories all of which I was happy about. All have settled in and no losses so far. It's the first auction I have missed since we entered this hobby. Oh well, there is another one 6 or 7 months!

Tammy

I behaved myself, promised a very nice member here I would adopt their fish as they are leaving the hobby for a few years and I had to keep lots of room,

I gave in to a few additions to my species specific tanks;

5 Julidochromis marlieri (Gombe)

4 Julidochromis ornatus (Golden Julies) to add to the 4 I had from Frank last month.

Sciaenochromis fryeri – Electric Blue (2 females/1male - sadly the dark coloured little male was DOA on the ride to McKenzie :boxed: I really wanted that little fella...) first fatality in/enroute to my tanks in many, many months

2 nice lots of dark green Java Moss

Edited by Northranger

I managed to get the corydora sp. "black" that i went to the auction for. :thumbs:

I beleive this is the little fella you sought after. I got two lots of them at the ACE auction myself.

Yep, that's the one's i went for, now all i need is to find out who it is in Edmonton breeding them. :rolleyes:

If you have the bag with the auction # you should be able to find out who brought them.

I had a good time, but if I wasn't looking for plants, I honestly don't know if I'd have had as much fun. Seems to be less and less interesting fish every time, though I did manage to pick up a bag of the P. arulius as something different for try.

I couldn't believe how much the boxes of granite pieces were going for - stuff you can pick up at any granite counter manufacturer for free.

I brought the guy who got me interested in fish over 14 years ago with, and the two of us got enough plants to fill a ton of tanks. We had a good time overall, and it was his first fish auction.

Great work as always by all the volunteers and everyone involved with running the auction.

2 nice lots of dark green Java Moss

Were you sitting across the aisle from me?? I was the one with the woman who bid on the funky ornaments, I think I talked with you about moss...

We really need to do name tags. I would love to know who everyone is, but I get too caught up in the bidding to remember to walking around saying "Are you on AA?" LOL I mean... we're not supposed to 'out' fellow AAs in public, right? *sigh* It's been a long day.

I also became a card totin' member of CAS. Too bad the meetings are on the same night as something else I'm involved in. I could SWEAR CAS used to meet on Tuesdays... I must have a bad memory.

I also became a card totin' member of CAS. Too bad the meetings are on the same night as something else I'm involved in. I could SWEAR CAS used to meet on Tuesdays... I must have a bad memory.

You're memory's fine, we did use to meet on Tuesdays. Changed to Wednesdays a while back.

I picked up twice as much as I had planed,i'll be lucky if I break even w /what I brought in.Brought a friend and had a great time. There seemed to be more and the auction went really well. Everyone involved did an excellent job.I had'nt planned on staying the whole day, but could'nt resist!!!

managed to get everything I wanted and a few things I didnt know I wanted till my hand went up :smokey:

snuck away with a raffle filter and a new unused 105 for half of retail

made a steal on some plecos

picked up enough bags to last till next auction

and found the food i was going to order online

I was just amazed at the low prices at the end ,, I guess people hit spending limits about 3/4 way through :boxer:

overall I had a blast and so did the wife

thanks goes out to those who made it happen and to those who voluntered :thumbs: