5.5 Gallon Tank - What Fish?

Toast

I have a 5.5 Gallon tank Just sitting in my closet, and Feel like its going to waste.

Im just wondering which fish would do good in it, And also If I need to buy

Anything else, Lights, Heaters, Water Pumps?

Any Suggestions of what to go into this tank appreciated!

I have a 5.5 Gallon tank Just sitting in my closet, and Feel like its going to waste.

Im just wondering which fish would do good in it, And also If I need to buy

Anything else, Lights, Heaters, Water Pumps?

Any Suggestions of what to go into this tank appreciated!

Sponge filter is adequate and a heater. I keep guppy fry, bettas, male guppies, cherry shrimp, and BN fry in 5.5G tanks. I have a rack full of them. Most of mine came with a plastic hood that had a light socket. I'm sure the LFS have hoods you can buy seperately.

You could put some endlers and dwarf cories in it as well as a few plants that stay small.

Great suggestions above, thought i might add perhaps small schoolers dwarf cories as already mentioned, but also some of the microrasboras, such as boraras maculatus - spotted rasbora, neat pretty little fish.

Filterwise- A sponge filter should do just fine, otherwise power filters such as aquaclear 20's ,whisper 10s ,etc should be fine as well, but sponge filter gets my vote for saving energy.

Alright, Thanks for the suggestions, I'll most likely head to Big Als today and have a look around

Last time I was there (which was quite a while ago) they had a few teeny-tiny species - Galaxy Rasboras, and Brigittae Rasboras. I've promised myself no new tanks for quite a while, but still... WANT!

Try Nature's Corner he usualy has dwarf fish etc.

Aquagiant has small internal filters on sale. At the Westend store, they're right by the till. That's what I have running on my 10 g.