My New Tank Is FINALLY HERE

Dalray

So i finally received my new tank that i have been asking alot of questions with. Its a 230 Gal with oak stand. the pump my mistake does 3600 GPH or 60 GPM for some of you. This is gonna be the stingray arrowana tank. just have to plumb and fill ANYONE WANT TO HELP WITH PLUMBING INSTALL

here are some pics.

The tank on the stand.

IMG_1257.jpg

The back side

IMG_1258.jpg

90 Gallon Sump

IMG_1259.jpg

The pump

IMG_1260.jpg

Me standing with it for size relativity. im 5'8 200 lbs.

IMG_1263.jpg

The g/f sitting in it. DONT ASK ME WHY LOL

IMG_1264.jpg

Nice Mermaid. Tank looks good. Why did you put the overflows on the end? Just curious. Getter full and show us some pics.

By the way you've got a serious problem if you've only been at this a while and have a tank like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tank Looks great!!!

Hope you can post some pics after you get it full.

What kind of arrowanas are you going to be putting in it?

Edited by bigfishal

I know i have a spending problem when it comes to hobbies. my racing has cost me well over 30,000 over the last 2 years. my r/c planes and trucks etc.... a few more grand. and as for fish tanks. lol dont even go there. even though i got this set up at a steal of a deal. $1300. lol

The overflows were already on the ends when i purchased the tank. plus it gives more room inside the tank. the in tank overflows cuts down on the volume in the tank.

i will post tons of pics when it it done i plan on starting the plumbing tommorrow.

as for the arowanas not sure yet a silver one i have no clue yet. who ever has the best fish at the best price. but wont settle for one at the stores here. there is nothing wrong with the stores here but for some reason i have been gettign alot of attitude from employees at some of the stores. or they snubb me off to talk to co workers. no offence Big Als has been great to me. For product wise etc.. but some employees shouldnt be working there. just my 2 cents and sorry if it offends, if it does let me know through a pm and i will change this post.

You can bring that tank to my house when you get tired of it......

I am jealous, cant get a tank that size into my basement...

didnt think i could either but it was like moving a couch through a door way. pretty simple. heavy but simple.

yours was easy.

lucky you my oceanic 230 must weight like 10000 pounds cause it took six of us to get it in my basement lol

I was wondering how you did that when I saw that tank at your place Quinn..... those Oceanics are flippin heavy with that thick starfire glass

I will take yours as well once you get tired of it.....

So since there will be 4 stingrays in the tank , my buddy and all his wisdom has decided weather i like it or not 2 of them are pre named. one will be Steve and another Irwin. bad joke yes some it may humor but others it will not.

Any opportunity for a Steve Irwin joke is a good opportunity. in my opinion.

PS thats one gorgoeus tank (in an aussie accent).

Edited by newbie2

What kind of screen do you have on your overflows? It looks black is it the white egg crate plastic just painted or did they use something else? Just curious as I just had mine done and it's white egg crate plastic but black looks better.