110g Mixed reef

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a few more shots of the up and running sump. Its been a week and a half now since the move and it looks as thought all the live stock has survived the move. I have one "small" thing to work out. My wee tiny ocellaris clown is the only fish in the tank that is small enough to fit through the eggcrate strainer at the top of the overflow. He is batting 100% so far. Every morning I have to rescue his dumbass from the overflow box. Gonna have to try and figure something out...cause he sure isnt. Im gonna take some aquascaping pics tonight, after it gets dark.

IMGP1708.jpg

IMGP1710.jpg

IMGP1709.jpg

IMGP1711.jpg

IMGP1712.jpg

You could cover it with crafters mesh until he gets bigger. It will need a toothbrush taken to it to clean it off, but would do the job.

Heres what the tank looks like now, unless Ive changed it again. I used the same double overhang theme from the 68g. I really only used two of the original pieces from the 68g overhang on these new ones. These ones are more massive than the last and and I was able to put the pillar in that I didnt have room for previously.

IMGP1740.jpg

IMGP1744.jpg

IMGP1745.jpg

IMGP1747.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion Sharuq. Another forum suggested gutter guard from a hardware store. Not sure which one I will try...depends on how much this gutter guard is.

This would be the better option as you can get it in vinyl and it won't rust.

Oh WOW, it's gorgeous! :D

So, your returns on the back are below the water line??? How did you seal them. (Or am I seeing things?)

So, your returns on the back are below the water line??? How did you seal them. (Or am I seeing things?)

The returns go through a bulk head, so the bulkhead is self sealing.

Edited by fishytime

I snapped a few top down pics of some recent additions. I also added a bi-color blenny. I was really missing the one I had before. Hopefully this one doesnt decide to carpet surf.

Purple monti cap I got from Danny Z at the frag swap.

IMGP1769.jpg

Tri-color acro also from Danny Z.

IMGP1771.jpg

Purple tort frag from Snappy at the swap.

IMGP1772.jpg

And another purpleish, so far un-identified acro I got from El Guappo(Mike) for helping him frag some stuff up.

IMGP1791.jpg

Looks fantastic! I love the purple cap. Glad to see you got your "runaway tri-color" back :lol: What kind of lighting are you running?