New 450 gallon. Update!! Update 08/08/16

t-man

....They have been here 3 times already and will be coming for a forth to repair it.

They just built it and need to come repair it already??? Yikes!! :o:unsure:

Edited by Boom

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 535 gallon acrylic tank coming from Tenecor in three weeks (8' X 4'). I have been out of the country for a couple years and purchased the tank through a group buy I set up in Vancouver. The tank is plumbed with dual 1 inch drains and corner overflows; Cost was about $2300 including the shipping and taxes. I picked up a 75 gallon glass tank to use as a sump. After seeing your sump, I am thinking maybe I should have gone bigger...

While I am happy with the price I have paid so far, I have discovered that I have to do some major reinforcement of the ceiling in my basement under the stairs in order to get the tank to fit where I want. Two concrete footings and a steel or heavy wooden beam spanning 9 feet are called for. I have a bad feeling the tank is going to be the cheap part of this project for me! :shock:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...