New 450 gallon. Update!! Update 08/08/16

t-man

Not exactly the same as what the original poster has, but to satisfy the curiosity of those asking for a price I thought I would post the prices I got from Aquarium Illusions/Concept Aquariums today for a 96 X 30 X 30 375 gallon tank. I'm still thinking of going 36" deep myself but I have to go measure it.

Show Tank (no overflow boxes).......................$2,488.17

Show Tank (Starfire glass on front)..................$3,226.50

Dual Overflows...............................................$3,039.90

Dual Overflows(Starfire glass on front).............$3,778.23

Then there's the 135g sump, the powdercoated stand, custom millwork skirt and valence by my builder's cabinet maker, and a pump and plumbing. Tanks like these done right run in the neighborhood of $5000 to close to $8000. :boxed:

wa-wa-we-wa!! 8 hundie more just for front only starfire? three grand,just for the tank?. like i said, wa-wa-we-wa!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly the same as what the original poster has, but to satisfy the curiosity of those asking for a price I thought I would post the prices I got from Aquarium Illusions/Concept Aquariums today for a 96 X 30 X 30 375 gallon tank. I'm still thinking of going 36" deep myself but I have to go measure it.

Then there's the 135g sump, the powdercoated stand, custom millwork skirt and valence by my builder's cabinet maker, and a pump and plumbing. Tanks like these done right run in the neighborhood of $5000 to close to $8000. :boxed:

i would never ever go here.

i could get an acrylic tank with overflows for 2 grand.

im sure bow valley or golds is much cheaper.

:boxed: Yeah i'd say maybe ten years from now for me, AFTER I buy my own house. But I guess for the size of tank, it is a good price. With a tank that size you wouldn't want anything to go wrong :unsure:

Are those prices pick up only? Mine was and is being built right one site. Tank with overflows $3200.00

Are you going with the "herbie: design for you overflow? Its super quiet. I thought my 250gal with 90gal sump was nice but this takes the cake. Would make a really nice salt water tank :smokey:

Salt water would be nice but I don't have the time since I have 4 other tanks.

wow man, cant wait to see it up and running

ditto, what are you stalking it with. may i suggest a jardini aro, 6 oscars 3 jd some 2 brown plecos?thats what i would have if i had a monster tank like that :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

The cost of the tank was $3200,double overflow left and right side $150,sump $250,stand $450 and pump,plumbing,accessories on top of that. Don't forget I live 1 1/2 hrs away and it was built in my basement. Pretty good deal I would say!!!! They have been here 3 times already and will be coming for a forth to repair it.

Edited by t-man

Amazing... :o

I think for a big gorgeous setup like that you should get an equally fantastic background. Check out the ones patrick has (Gills n' fins), frickin' nice! You could make a really nice one as well, or just paint the tank etc, but I think for a tank that size it might just be cost effective to get the pre-made panels and silicone them in.

I think for a big gorgeous setup like that you should get an equally fantastic background. Check out the ones patrick has (Gills n' fins), frickin' nice! You could make a really nice one as well, or just paint the tank etc, but I think for a tank that size it might just be cost effective to get the pre-made panels and silicone them in.

Those backgrounds don't go 30" high so they won't work. I just painted it as my fish splash lots and I didn't feel like cleaning the water stain behind the background all the time.

I picked up a fish tank that had the background and it was attatched to the tank with canola oil. It worked wonderfully. you could try that.