Pics of my tank

Lance

Lookin' good so far. You did get some really nice plants from that order.

You could separate the stem plants a bit (especially the Rotala)- they will grow better with more space between them and look fuller too. The Glossostigma and hairgrass will fill in faster if you separate them as well. You're gonna need a good pair of tweezers, though! :smokey:

What kind of fish have you got in mind?

K a lil history here on the setup. I totaly tore up the setup on saturday got new subrate, and a new filter I went with the xp 3 and its doing so much better then the other one I bought... but if you read my rant on my other post whats the better canister filter you'll know :P.

This tank has been a in plannings for the last 3 yrs ever since I moved into my apt just havent found a good enough deal on a tank until now, all the rocks have been from the mountains the large one has some awesome details about it and I just had to somehow place it in and so I think I found the best way. Im hoping that the hair grasses roots go down the rock ledge that you see but we'll see if that happens.

Im very happy with the plants if gotten with aquariumplants.com except for the Cabomba red it just didnt do well and it just disentigraged, stem system and all... I know its a fradgile plant but man oh well. I hear corrosionjerry had a lil critter in his stash of plants id say it was hidding in the baby tears on drift wood, and let me tell you that chunk of wood had to be a good 3 pounds and atleast 9 inches across and full of baby tears for only 15 bucks... I really doubt u could find that here in edmonton for that price maybe for 30-40 bucks oh ya.

As for fish im going to go with rainbow trout maybe brooks if I can find and hopefully. But from what im hearing from the trout farms is all brook eggs this season are diseased... damnit.. but maybe a lil luck will happen when my trout licence comes in ill get some info on farms and ect.

Ill definatly update some pics when things progress in the tank. the hair grass im really looking forward to its growth.. im really surprised with planting those on sunday and today ive noticed the roots are shooting out again. but I think thats enough for now...

• 2 weeks later...