Retrofitting a Geosystem hood

bottomdweller_fan

I got the lights from All Seasons Garden Centre Inc. (a hydroponics store). The light fixtures are the ballast and the bulbs (for only $29.99 each). I then took a white 3" PVC pipe that I had the home improvement store cut in half as my reflectors. I then bolted the pipe and the light fixtures to the top of the hood.

The really cool thing about these light fixtures is that they come with clips to attach them and they can be connected together. I have both fixtures connected to one electrical circuit. (You can daisy chain between 5 and 8 of them if you want).

Good luck.

what's hte wattage on it?

Because this summer i want to change my 33 to a low tech planted tank. (2wpg prefered)

Edit: what did you do with the t5's that jason retrofitted?

Edited by Kayen

....what's hte wattage on it?

Because this summer i want to change my 33 to a low tech planted tank. (2wpg prefered)

I recently purchased a 21 gallon Geosystem aquarium from Jason (jvision). He had already modified the hood to take T5 fluourescents, but I need more light :D ! So I retrofitted the hood with two 24 Watt HO T5's.

Nice job on the lights :)