A couple questions

FishBrain

OK, so this is whats going on that I can tell.

Flameback and Peacock are both holding, and I just moved them into a 10G to spit. I have a some electric yellows and dont have a clue what the sex is.

How can you tell sex of the electric yellows. and i seem to understand they are mouth brooders aswell.

I also have a couple Cobalt blue that I was told were male and female. From what I can tell they are. Are they mouthers also?Should I look fr the same signs as the flameback?? :ml:

Cobalt blues are also mouthbrooders.

3 ways I use to tell the sex of an electric yellow:

1. judge by coloring, dominmant males normally get black smudges here and there on their faces

2. Vent them (There are a few websites and a thread here that can tell you how to do this. Pretty much you look at the anus and other spot, and judge by spacing and size)

3. Throw them all together, and as you see the mouths drop on some of them (Filled with eggs), you just remember that one is a female. I normally double check mine by pulling them out, holding them head up, and looking in their mouths for eggs. Then I place them in a 10gallon until I can strip them when the egg sacs are off the fry.

Some of signs on the flameback should be similar if not the same to cobalts and electric yellows

Good luck with the fry raising!