my pond

hybrid

hey everybody..

its 12.6 feet long... 40inches high... 40 inches wide.... roughly 880 gallons..( a little smaller than I planned))

I will be enclosing the frame with "3/4 ply", this weekend....

then add liner and IM done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my bass will be sooo happy when its done

post-2829-1208990397_thumb.jpg

Edited by hybrid

Do you have more pictures?

What are you doing for a filter.?

Where are you getting your liner from?

Sorry for all the Questions, but thinking of doing this myself.

Want to put one in my shop.

Thanks

ok. wow. It's time to stop and check a few things before you turn on taps and fill that thing up.

1. Is that in your basement or garage or detached shop? Where is the water going to go in the event of a breach?

2. Does your homeowner insurance cover the massive water damage that will occur when that thing breaks?

3. How are you going to address moisture buildup? (under that tank and in the room it's built inside?) Mold growth can become a serious health hazard.

4. Have you determined if your framing will hold the forces from a 40" column of water spread over 12'? What exactly is going to keep your front wall from spreading out and buckling?

ok. wow. It's time to stop and check a few things before you turn on taps and fill that thing up.

1. Is that in your basement or garage or detached shop? Where is the water going to go in the event of a breach?

2. Does your homeowner insurance cover the massive water damage that will occur when that thing breaks?

3. How are you going to address moisture buildup? (under that tank and in the room it's built inside?) Mold growth can become a serious health hazard.

4. Have you determined if your framing will hold the forces from a 40" column of water spread over 12'? What exactly is going to keep your front wall from spreading out and buckling?

Thanks for the concerns...

1. Its in my basment... IN the case of a liner tear.. 2 water proof tarps are being put down before liner goes in... and if it breaks through that.THEN ILL GO BUY A WET VAC

2. Yes, my broker is aware of my current 600gallons of tanks and that is NOT AN ISSUE at all..

3. MY current 600+ does not cause me a problem ..The room has an 14" exhaust fan. I also have 2 large dehumidifiers but I never use them...

4. BRACING, BRACING, BRACING, BRACING, BRACING, BRACING, BRACING and more BRACING

Do you have more pictures?

What are you doing for a filter.?

Where are you getting your liner from?

Sorry for all the Questions, but thinking of doing this myself.

Want to put one in my shop.

Thanks

so far I will have 3 main filters , plus a whole wack of powerheads...

plan on using 2 large pond cannisters, as well, You can check the third filter in the dyi section.. ..

I was considering plumming the pond, so a sump could be put in the adjacent room. but that aint happenin.....

I was hoping to get my liner from henry at "DADS FISH ROOM" :smokey: .... I mean, "natures corner"!!!!

your welcome to come by and check out my progress,,,any time...

tucker

Good luck on the pond they can be really nice!

I had a 225 gallon pond in my basement before I moved about 2 months ago but had to

give it up in the new place as it is a finished basement and figured that it may not be a good idea

due to moisture problems.

You are most likely going to need to start using your 2 big dehumidifiers full time after you get this thing

ready as I had one going that was desighned for 2500 sq feet and the humidity reading was still at about 45%

without it was 79%!! And that was only a 225 gallon pond with waterfall. Without a heater. I also have about 600-700 gallons of tanks on the go as well.

So 800 gallons might be an issue. Are you going to be having a heater?

Not trying to discourage you or anything just trying to save you a large amount of trouble since I had experienced

many situations when I was setting up my pond. So if you do it right it will turn out wonderful! I am still trying to figure

out a way to put a larger pond type in my new finished basement...

Good luck and cant wait to see more pics and let us know about the progress.

Good luck on the pond they can be really nice!

I had a 225 gallon pond in my basement before I moved about 2 months ago but had to

give it up in the new place as it is a finished basement and figured that it may not be a good idea

due to moisture problems.

You are most likely going to need to start using your 2 big dehumidifiers full time after you get this thing

ready as I had one going that was desighned for 2500 sq feet and the humidity reading was still at about 45%

without it was 79%!! And that was only a 225 gallon pond with waterfall. Without a heater. I also have about 600-700 gallons of tanks on the go as well.

So 800 gallons might be an issue. Are you going to be having a heater?

Not trying to discourage you or anything just trying to save you a large amount of trouble since I had experienced

many situations when I was setting up my pond. So if you do it right it will turn out wonderful! I am still trying to figure

out a way to put a larger pond type in my new finished basement...

Good luck and cant wait to see more pics and let us know about the progress.

thanks again fro the concerns... I mentioned that I have a 14" exhaust fan in the fishroom, which is loud but if very effecient..... both dehumidifiers will automatically turn on If humidity gets past 30 or 35% but that doesnt ever happen.(well,barely ever).

ALL my tanks are heated to at least a MINIMUM of 75-80 degrees..

I have made a lame prototype for a few inline heaters for the pond, but the first test run didnt turn out to well..

if the "inline" idea doesnt work, I will need to use at least 4 X 300watt heaters.. (very minimum)

I