Walmart guarantee?

Jackie

When I lived in BC most stores had a 30 day policy...but last night I bought some tetras and they were dead within an hr...very sad, well I called about there guarantee before I drove back there in this awful weather...So they said what??? I've never heard of that before...so they said to call back when a manager is there and he/she would say yes or no...well no manager of fish in today- so to call back tommorow- well for heavens sake I have a bunch of dead fish rotting away in a bag...just wondering if thats a BC thing? And im not one to buy fish from walmart- they dont last long...but sadly the fish store was closed and i just HAD to have them lol

Every time I have ever returned anything they have been gracious and taken it back . Even if it was a couple months ago. If I had the receipt they reimbursed me however I paid in the first place. Without that receipt , they put it on a gift card. Always be very kind and polite to them , they tolerate crap all day they'll appreciate it.

thanks so much for the info! I am trying to be nice...as I am a nice person :) but its frustrating with the run around! Thanks twig i was in nanaimo bc and I thought they had the 30 but maybe I was wrong...anyways thanks again

When I bought fish from walmart (I bought some mollies and some platy's as well as 2 skirted tetra's to go along with my other four) they ALL died within days...PLUS they gave my entire tank ick which killed some of the other fish I had in there. In any case, they said there was a 14 day return policy...I don't think it should matter what walmart branch you get it from, they should all have the same return policy for their fish. Maybe you just caught someone on a bad day, or maybe the store just doesn't want to have to write it off the dead fish. who knows. If you spent alot of money on them you could try phoning the district manager and talk to him about it (or you can just ask the customer service for the # and they might just give in rather then have to deal with a potentially upset district manager)

good luck!

Edited by Gina

My Wal-Mart has a 48-hour return policy. I had 2 fish die after about 60 hours, I was mad. They said no, no return, no refund, no exchange, no gift card, nothing. I haven't heard anything good about their fish anyways so I won't buy from there again.

This is interesting to me because I bought (rescued?) some cories from a Wal-Mart near me and they've been the best cories I've ever had, very nice specimens, much better and longer lived than ones I've purchased from other stores in the city. Haven't needed to worry about a guarantee at all.

Must have been lucky.

Edited by Shai

The wal-mart in town here has decent fish if you get then the day they come in other wise they seem to die ASAP. In Lloyd I would go to the pet store beside the mall (I am not sure of the name) The only promblem is I still have not convinced any pet store around the area to carry NLS or prime. I was told by a store owner that I have some weird fish when I looking for more julies :rolleyes: