albino BN with a red spot

My albino plecos sometimes look like they have a red/pinkish spot on their heads.Its most noitcable in my larger ones. Its not a sore or anything, just the coloring of their bodies. Mine are all fine and healthy. I just assumed since they are albino it was the redness of their insides showing through. Kind of like how you can see the food in their tummies. I also noticed that in different lighting its more noticable. When they were in a tank with bright lights you couldn't see much red. Now that the lights have been removed and I only have a small light the redness is more noticable.

If it doens't look sore, damaged or diseased in any way then its probably just its coloring.

I'll try to get a pic but my plecos aren't cooperating and are hiding in their caves.

Edited by degrassi

Mine are also showing red . think it is normal

According to info I've picked up on the 'net the pinkish spot usually occurs on the males and is an indication that they are sexually mature or "in the mood". I personally have not had it on any of my little guys so I guess that may make some sort of sense.