My foray into planted aquaria

dk77

Had a little 28 Gal sitting around so figured I would try my hand at a planted tank. Have a eheim 2215 for filtration, some T5HO lights, and a 250W visi-therm for hardware. The substrate is a mix of seachem onyx sand and flourite black. Tank is about a week old and all the plants seem to be growing good with no signs of an algae outbreak yet (fingers crossed). The current inhabitants are 3 Red rams, 2 Oto's, 1 clown pleco, and 1 yoyo loach (he is wierd, likes to be alone). Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.

dscf1309dh8.jpg

dscf1320fu9.jpg

dscf1323ja9.jpg

dscf1326ps0.jpg

dscf1361pg0.jpg

Had a little 28 Gal sitting around so figured I would try my hand at a planted tank. Have a eheim 2215 for filtration, some T5HO lights, and a 250W visi-therm for hardware. The substrate is a mix of seachem onyx sand and flourite black. Tank is about a week old and all the plants seem to be growing good with no signs of an algae outbreak yet (fingers crossed). The current inhabitants are 3 Red rams, 2 Oto's, 1 clown pleco, and 1 yoyo loach (he is wierd, likes to be alone). Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Lovely tank!

The rams are beautiful.

Yoyo's like to be in a group of at least 5. Then they are active and out and about. Maybe when MTS hits you, you can get some playmates for him/her.

Looking good! :thumbs:

If you do see algae start to creep in, you may want to think about adding a Carbon source - either CO2 or Seachem Excel. Adding some more stem plants can help, as well as regular fertilizing and water changes.

Have plants, have fun!