Koi pearl scale angel fish

just got a huge surprise to come home and find these guys laying eggs on my anubias leaf. they are in my 90g planted/community tank

i only bought these angels on monday and picked 2 with out knowing if it was a pair or not!!!

must be the luck of the irish!!!!!

heres a pix... i may move the eggs out to a 5g... any suggestions... she is still laying eggs. help.

img9240largeih6.jpg

img9237largeld3.jpg

img9232largezr5.jpg

Leave them and see if the parents gaurd and fan them. If they make it to the wiggler stage then move the plant with the wigglers to your 5 gallon. Also they may move them once they are wigglers, mine do it quite often.

i moved the parents and leaf, to the 5 gallon.

rainbows, tetra's where darting in and eating the eggs. the parents tryed to pick up loose eggs and spit them back but the other fish made easy pickens..

so i transfered them and now the parents are fanning and keeping the leaf clean.

probly lost 100 eggs to the other fish...

to hatch i hope.... keeping my fingers crossed.

do i need methalyn blue>? any one have some???

Edited by finaddict

i moved the parents and leaf, to the 5 gallon.

rainbows, tetra's where darting in and eating the eggs. the parents tryed to pick up loose eggs and spit them back but the other fish made easy pickens..

so i transfered them and now the parents are fanning and keeping the leaf clean.

probly lost 100 eggs to the other fish...

to hatch i hope.... keeping my fingers crossed.

do i need methalyn blue>? any one have some???

If the parents are looking after them you do not need anything. They should hatch into wigglers in 2 days and become free swimming in an additional 5 days.

If I am not mistaken, the white ones are the ones that are damaged and fungused. The parents should eat them or remove them so that the other eggs don't get contaminated. Its really nice to see that your pair is taking care of the eggs..

I have 2 pairs of angels, a koi and a jet black one... the koi s lay eggs, but I have never seen wrigglers from their eggs but from the black pair, I had got wrigglers... Sadly, they all died before I could feed them brine shrimp...

I also did a mistake of putting them all in one tank, believing that they will live co exist... Not a chance, the Koi pair was in there first and they harassed the black pair endlessly... I have some pictures of the pair mouth fighting, and will put them up later... I was reminded about Nick's Hell's Angels and his advice of not to keep breeding pairs together...

Raj

• 11 months later...

Awesome! I remember when my angel pair unexpectedly did this. :)

Needless to say I learned to make BBS in a heck of a hurry!

The white ones are infertile not fungused. Fungused ones have a "cottony" substance on them. You can use any kind of anti-fungal and don't have to use methylene blue(though I've heard it's better). Looks like you'll have some gorgeous babies!! Congrats!!