hey real noob here

wph-

Hey

Im pat... Moving to airdrie in 5 days from montreal... Since i cant have a dog... well no fur and hair animal... I decided to turn around to fishes...

Looking more toward tropical and what my dad used to have that as like a miniature shark. If u guys can help me... greatly appreciated...

BTW. I GOT NOTHING and dont wanna spend so much to start off with.

cheers

:welcome: and have a safe trip across country... Welcome to Alberta eh!

Tropical fish keeping is alot of fun, also super addicting ask some of these AA Members who have MTS. Going through withdrawls on empty tanks, they start to shiver, shake, itch and get hives ... You'll witness some of these symptoms here.

MTS = Multiply Tank Syndrome. Incrediable need to add more tanks. It's ugly, drooling, sweating and digging through their garages for any item they can find to make another tank stand. Hours of drawings, hammers not used for anything else important in the home finally get used.

You can't tell them they need help, especially here they are all enablers. Encouraging other members to do crazy stuff like how to build a super sized tank, showing them pictures of incredible tanks.

Pictures of planted landscaped tanks, screaming in their ears just ONE MORE Tank, "then I can have that Pretty fish that I had found for sale." Reason and square footage does not stop the MTS addicted member...

Sigh... but omg what fun !

:thumbs: A member of the MTS addicted World :tongue: -roll-

:welcome: and have a safe trip across country... Welcome to Alberta eh!

Tropical fish keeping is alot of fun, also super addicting ask some of these AA Members who have MTS. Going through withdrawls on empty tanks, they start to shiver, shake, itch and get hives ... You'll witness some of these symptoms here.

MTS = Multiply Tank Syndrome. Incrediable need to add more tanks. It's ugly, drooling, sweating and digging through their garages for any item they can find to make another tank stand. Hours of drawings, hammers not used for anything else important in the home finally get used.

You can't tell them they need help, especially here they are all enablers. Encouraging other members to do crazy stuff like how to build a super sized tank, showing them pictures of incredible tanks.

Pictures of planted landscaped tanks, screaming in their ears just ONE MORE Tank, "then I can have that Pretty fish that I had found for sale." Reason and square footage does not stop the MTS addicted member...

Sigh... but omg what fun !

:thumbs: A member of the MTS addicted World :tongue: -roll-

OMG... I think I have MTS and I have only been here for 5 days... I got my 2nd tank today... its sitting empty.. patiently awaiting live plants.. lol

wph, Welcome to the board. Enjoy your stay

Edited by JDigital

Welcome to Alberta Aquatica! This is the best place to start. A lot of people sell fish, plants and equipment for very good prices in the buy/sell forum. it is a great way to get into this hobby without breaking the bank. WARNING! The people here will suck you deeply into this hobby with their niceness and willingness to share information. Multiple Tank Syndrome is a contagious disease and has no known cure. It is spread through contact with pretty fish and giant beautiful aquariums.

It is however the funnest disease I have ever caught!

I hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum.

wow what kind of fish is in ur avatar? is it salt or fresh water fish ? with what kind of fish can i have it in the tank? its simply gorgeous fish... i think im getting MTS and i got no tank yet :( waiting until i move it at least

That is my mandarin fish. He is by far my favorite fish in the tank. Mandarins are saltwater fish and need to have a tank (with live rock) running for 6 months to a year before they can be added as they (usually) only eat the live food (copepods) in and on the live rocks. If you are interested in moving into saltwater check out www.canreef.com to start researching what you would like and ask lots of questions. If you need any help also feel free to pm me. There are a number of sw buffs on this forum as well who I'm sure have lots of info. in their brains to pick. I have pictures of my sw in my signature if you want to look :)

That is my mandarin fish. He is by far my favorite fish in the tank. Mandarins are saltwater fish and need to have a tank (with live rock) running for 6 months to a year before they can be added as they (usually) only eat the live food (copepods) in and on the live rocks. If you are interested in moving into saltwater check out www.canreef.com to start researching what you would like and ask lots of questions. If you need any help also feel free to pm me. There are a number of sw buffs on this forum as well who I'm sure have lots of info. in their brains to pick. I have pictures of my sw in my signature if you want to look :)
I think its one of the most l fish i have seen! but i'll start with fresh water for now... maybe change to salt water when i get a bit more experience...

But ur fish is simply gorgeous!!!