A few new rays...

After waiting 3 weeks for Air Canada to re-schedule my fish after they bumped me, they finally arrived yesterday.

All of these motoro's were called 'Royal marble motoro' by the exporter, but as you can see they REALLY vary in their patterns; I'd guess they could be divided into at least 3 species one day.

The boys:

post-45-1210622149_thumb.jpg

post-45-1210624233_thumb.jpg

post-45-1210624247_thumb.jpg

post-45-1210624271_thumb.jpg

The girls:

post-45-1210622192_thumb.jpg

post-45-1210624221_thumb.jpg

And the flowers:

post-45-1210622162_thumb.jpg

post-45-1210624289_thumb.jpg

A group shot as well. The male that I've had for a while is the lighter one in the bottom.

post-45-1210622176_thumb.jpg

Edited by African_Fever

beautiful rays, i dream of having that many whats the second last one worth i would love to add him to my collection? LOL do you have them in ponds or just really big tanks? Did you find someone to buy your other ones?

Edited by CORVETTE

I'm going to be keeping the last male - I think he's too stunning to let go at this time! The rays are in both tanks and a pond (330 gallon stock tank) for now, but I'm planning to build a couple more large tanks for better viewing. I can't wait to get the black arowana I got in as well in a tank!

It's looking like I'm going to be keeping the rays I had before as well. I'm pretty sure they bred on Friday night, so hopefully I've got some pups in the future!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...