Aquariumplants.com

I ordered $300 in plants from aquariumplants.com I had the order shipped on Monday night. Today I checked the UPS page and it said that my plants where being held. Here is the info from UPS.com;

FREDERICTON,

NB, CA 13/05/2008 18:20 THE SHIPMENT IS BEING HELD BY BROKERAGE FOR REASONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

13/05/2008 17:32 AGRICULTURAL HOLD

MISSISSAUGA,

ON, CA 13/05/2008 12:39 PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

Now on there web site it says the following

AQUARIUMPLANTS.com is pleased to announce the Grand Opening of our new CANADIAN Distribution Center in central Canada, which will serve the entire country of Canada.

Until now, Canadian customers have been subjected to extreme HIGH prices for aquarium equipment, and HIGH prices and poor selection of aquarium plants. YES, you will enjoy the SAME prices on all equipment and live plants.

So I called them to ask why they shipped my plants from the US and i was told that all plants are shipped from the States.

Has any one else had this problem with them?

Sorry for the long rant I just think if you say that you ship from Canada then you should ship from Canada.

They ship from somewhere in Manitoba, as there is a member off another forum who lives in Winnipeg and picks up the plants locally from aquariumplants.com , rather than getting it shipped.

So that's weird why they shipped it to you from the US.

I talked to them today and they said that UPS talked them in to shipping with them and they are trying it out. My plants still have not cleared customs. :boom: :cuss: :guns: :chair: :boxed:

I talked to them today and they said that UPS talked them in to shipping with them and they are trying it out. My plants still have not cleared customs. :boom: :cuss: :guns: :chair: :boxed:

I did one order with them a while ago and I know that it was UPS that shipped but it was shipped from Manitoba. I tracked it when they sent me the notification that it was shipped.

Raymond

I talked the the guys today at aquariumplants.com today and they told me that this was the first time that they tried to ship this way and that there was a huge screw up with UPS and there would be 100% coverage on the plants and shipping. So I am happy for now. :thumbs: We will see what happens once I get the plants.

I just googled aquariumplants.com AND UPS and came up with this thread....Glad to hear I'm not the only one :).....I live in Winnipeg and up till now its been great...Originally they sent the Canadian order to this guy's house and he shipped it out from there, locals could just go and pick it up...Recently all the canadian orders came over the border on truck (Penner I think)..Then it got shipped from there, again, locals could just go and pick up....My tracking order looks the same as the others...Not sure where Fredrickton fits into the picture though....Anyways, hope everyone's plants arrive ok, lets keep each other posted...

I talked the the guys today at aquariumplants.com today and they told me that this was the first time that they tried to ship this way and that there was a huge screw up with UPS and there would be 100% coverage on the plants and shipping. So I am happy for now. :thumbs: We will see what happens once I get the plants.

• 3 weeks later...
I just googled aquariumplants.com AND UPS and came up with this thread....Glad to hear I'm not the only one :).....I live in Winnipeg and up till now its been great...Originally they sent the Canadian order to this guy's house and he shipped it out from there, locals could just go and pick it up...Recently all the canadian orders came over the border on truck (Penner I think)..Then it got shipped from there, again, locals could just go and pick up....My tracking order looks the same as the others...Not sure where Fredrickton fits into the picture though....Anyways, hope everyone's plants arrive ok, lets keep each other posted...

HI All

Just wondering how you made out with your plants?

I am considering placing an order but wanted to see how things worked out with your shipment.

Thanks N:_)

I ordered $300 in plants from aquariumplants.com I had the order shipped on Monday night. Today I checked the UPS page and it said that my plants where being held. Here is the info from UPS.com;
FREDERICTON,

NB, CA 13/05/2008 18:20 THE SHIPMENT IS BEING HELD BY BROKERAGE FOR REASONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

13/05/2008 17:32 AGRICULTURAL HOLD

MISSISSAUGA,

ON, CA 13/05/2008 12:39 PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

Now on there web site it says the following

AQUARIUMPLANTS.com is pleased to announce the Grand Opening of our new CANADIAN Distribution Center in central Canada, which will serve the entire country of Canada.

Until now, Canadian customers have been subjected to extreme HIGH prices for aquarium equipment, and HIGH prices and poor selection of aquarium plants. YES, you will enjoy the SAME prices on all equipment and live plants.

So I called them to ask why they shipped my plants from the US and i was told that all plants are shipped from the States.

Has any one else had this problem with them?

Sorry for the long rant I just think if you say that you ship from Canada then you should ship from Canada.

I have received the order and it was all dead. I have been told by the company that they will be resending all Canadian orders but that is the last that I have heard from them. I will post an update once I get some more news.

• 2 months later...

They're still shipping this way. I have an order in transit right now that should have arrived today but got stuck in customs... and Winnipeg seems to have nothing to do with it. It's currently in Ontario. But I see that you got a nice refund so at least they are responsible.

They're still shipping this way. I have an order in transit right now that should have arrived today but got stuck in customs... and Winnipeg seems to have nothing to do with it. It's currently in Ontario. But I see that you got a nice refund so at least they are responsible.

The order arrived today. Was shipped from Sioux Falls SD on monday night, and made it here by noon on thursday. They're all alive! =). I don't own any import certificate and it did make it here. Didn't pay any extra for a phyto. Not sure why they arn't using their winnipeg distribution centre.

The order arrived today. Was shipped from Sioux Falls SD on monday night, and made it here by noon on thursday. They're all alive! =). I don't own any import certificate and it did make it here. Didn't pay any extra for a phyto. Not sure why they arn't using their winnipeg distribution centre.

I was told by the company that they ship that way because UPS told them it would be better. So far I have found that is was a bad choise and they should go back to the old way.

Edited by snaggle

I was told by the company that they ship that way because UPS told them it would be better. So far I have found that is was a bad choise and they should go back to the old way.

what were the shipping charges on 300 $ worth of plants? I was looking at a regulator and thought I might order some plants also and It said shipping was a hundred some dollars.....

Edited by Moutain Dew