where are the plants in calgary

cyndrine

I live in NE Calgary. I am getting started breeding guppies and hope to get some cloud minnows breeding soon.

I have been looking for a pet store here in nNE Calgary that sells plants for a low light aquarium that fry can safely hide in. (using cheap light on the 10 gal breeding tank so need low light plants like java moss tell i can afford to upgrade the light)

Using plastic plants currently but not working as well as i had hoped and i can't find a petstore that has plants for fry when i have cash.

The one that i trust near me is recycling there plant tanks because of a problem they noticed and have no plants currently and say it will be a while tell they are safely going again plant wise.(since i bus and do not drive want it to be fairly close so I don't have to worry about taking to long to get home).

So basically anybody have ideas or know a lfs they trust in ne calgary that i could check out plant wise?

i like Pisces but its a 2hr bus ride if the transfers do not get screwed up from where i live. Been to riverside downtown and didn't like their set up when i was there. Beleive it or not but the Petsmart by Sunridge mall is where i usually go and their plant tank should be good to go again. Will stop by on payday. Petland is okay but they do not seem to have the selection of lowlight plants that i need. There is a small fish store called imperial by Marlborough mall but they do not have the plants love getting my fish there thou.

I live in the NE and I can possibly give you some water wisteria. They grow like weeds and need about medium light. But I am sure they would do fine with low lights too. I have found that pisces has the best selection on plants. Or you can try and order some from spencer jacks, I don't think shipping on plants costs quite as much as it does for fish. Have you tried out petcetera on 32nd ave? I have bought some of my plants from there before, though they don't have a huge selection. Other than that riverfront is the only other place I know of. Big Al's should be opening up off 32nd ave and 19st NE soon, so hopefully they will have some sort of selection there too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...