THIS is How To Wash Sand

Doc_Polit

Well......my hatred for washing sand led me to be innovative and I came up with an easy method.

I stopped at my local hardware store and picked up one of these.

Then I attached my 1/2" drill and Voila! :thumbs:

I filled a 5 gallon bucket halfway with sand, clamped my garden hose to the edge of the bucket, let the water run and mixed until the water ran clear. So much simpler than the other "tried and true" methods. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
Well......my hatred for washing sand led me to be innovative and I came up with an easy method.

I stopped at my local hardware store and picked up one of these.

ARGH! :shock:

I just finished making a mudpile in my 33 gallon tank. Spent a couple hours trying to wash my playsand before going into the tank but it didn't do much good. There is sooooo much silt in there.

Why couldn't I have seen this posting first?

:o

• 1 year later...
i cant see the picture ! i want to do sand and heard its hard to clean !

not really , i have it in my african tank and have a couple o f large air stones going with 2 AQUACLEAR 110's and never really have to vacuum the bottom, there is enough water movement to keep it suspended so my filters can catch it. with sand the waste etc usually just sits on top so if you have no dead spots in your tank the filters will keep it clean. At least this is my experience