air

is running an air stone/air in a tank really needed if you have lots of circulation :rolleyes:

I know a couple of breeder in Calgary who dont use air pumps. Myself I use them but there is one tank I have that I dont use one with no problems. In my opinion,if the tank is heavily populated I would reccomend using one!! I think it is a matter of preference.

I'm by no means an expert but here is what i know for sure.

Disolved oxygen is very high near the surface(20% i think?? or less) so if you have bottom dwellers you should think of that when deciding. If you have lots of circulation i don't know for sure if it helps allot or not but i do know that if it agitates the surface of the water it helps add more oxygen. Check to see if your fish requires allot of oxygen or not. Me personally i found this lovely ornament that uses the water bubbles to make it look like i have a waterfall and another that uses the air to raise and lower a drawbridge on another ornament. Even if i didn't need it i would still have one because if it's done right IMHOP it's a nice thing to see in a tank.

Have a great weekend

Lisa -ham-