Everyone's dead.,

Came home from the lake last night to find my 9 blue rams dead (everyone in that tank) and the second giraffe chiclid missing in the other tank (only had the 2 giraffes in it), still haven't found the missing one. I was only gone 4 days and when I went to scoop out the rams they disintegrated on contact. It really sucks that they had just paired off 2 weeks ago and I ended up with 3 pairs and 3 extra males :cuss: Stupid hot weather.

Edited by Joseph Elliott

Came home from the lake last night to find my 9 blue rams dead (everyone in that tank) and the second giraffe chiclid missing in the other tank (only had the 2 giraffes in it), still haven't found the missing one. I was only gone 4 days and when I went to scoop out the rams they disintegrated on contact. It really sucks that they had just paired off 2 weeks ago and I ended up with 3 pairs and 3 extra males :cuss: Stupid hot weather.

I am sorry for your loss, that is a horrible thing to come home to.

That's really heartbreaking, Sorry about your loss.

I live in an apartment too, and it gets very hot, the temp is always hovering around 30 degrees C. I have never used a heater because its so hot. Even with the windows open, the temperature is really high.

Hope you come to grips with your losses very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your losses. I have been worried about the same thing. My house gets at least 3-4 degrees warmer inside than it is outside. Temps in my house even reached to a high of about 89 degrees inside last year. It is fine weather if keeping fish like discus, but with other species that like it a little cooler it certainly causes risk. Too bad you couldn't get some AC in your place, it certainly would help anyone living in an apartment. It is certainly difficult enough raising blue rams to have something like this happen. Hope things will get better for you.