3-D Backgrounds

ace99

The 3d backgrounds I think you're talking about, can be bought online, for actually quite a bit. i remember a site that was floating around(Check back for an old thread about 3d backgrounds)

All they are: Styrofoam of your desired thickness, sculpted with knives, then heat gunned to get rid of any crappy edges, then painted with cement paint (With the pigments of your desired color). Then they attach them how they wish (Dozens of ways), to the back of their tank (inside it ofcourse, to get the 3d look they want), and then magic! An awesome background

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I would suggest trying to make your own as well. Was buggering around with it, and don't think it would be that hard. Try a piece of 3/4" or 1" styrofoam SM (the pink stuff) and with a utility knife and heat gun, the stuff melts away to give a neat look.

Haven't tried painting it yet, but it would be a cheap investment to try yourself, and decide from there if you want to continue with the paint.

Good luck!

Rob B)