Tank Mates

Baby G

I am looking into tank mates for my Green Spotted puffer. I was interested in Mollys as they do well in a barckish tank however I read that they do not do well with Gold fish as they pick at their slime coat. I do not wish to have this happen to my GSP. I am aware that sooner or later the GSP will have to be on his own but currently he is pacing the walls of his tank, I read this means he is bored. Any ideas??

Baby G

I used to have a brackish tank with an Anableps and some mollies. The mollies were great tankmates and never picked on the Anableps. The Anableps was slow moving and pretty much just stayed in one spot floating, so if they were going to pick its slime coat it was an large easy target, but they never did.

Not sure how aggressive or large GSPs get but I'd be more worried about the puffer bothering the mollies.

Edited by degrassi

I used to have a brackish tank with an Anableps and some mollies. The mollies were great tankmates and never picked on the Anableps. The Anableps was slow moving and pretty much just stayed in one spot floating, so if they were going to pick its slime coat it was an large easy target, but they never did.

Not sure how aggressive or large GSPs get but I'd be more worried about the puffer bothering the mollies.

I currently have 2 knight gobies in the tank with the GSP and there are not any problems with aggression. I have to hand feed the GSP since the gobies grab his food away from him, he is not aggressive enough to keep his food.

Mollies would be fine with the GSP especially as the salinity increase to salt water. I have never had a molly attack my GSP (when I had them). How big is the tank? What is the current sg of the water? Knight gobies are good tankmates...I had them all in SW until I got rid of them for corals.

Js

• 1 month later...