blue water aquatic importers

hybrid

I have used them, they will tell you up front they are not very knowledgable with Cichlids, but if you give them the full name and a picture of what your looking for, they will get it, communication is poor....fish are nice and healthy or at least the ones Ive gotten, Im still waiting on some back ordered fish.

They currently have some of our fish in store they are holding till we get our tanks organized so try to be helpful, even though their weekest point is Communicatin.

I have used them as well, my first order with them was wonderful, communication fantastic, second order was one with Lisa and not sure what all was going on but communication seemed to slip drastically.

The cichlids in my tank are from them. I only lost one so far when my tank went into bloom. All the others are tough and doing very well, the color on the fronts is fantastic as is the color on the electric blue's.

With everything if you want a good price you have to shop around. For example the baby blue whale I obtained was supposed to be a blue dolphin... they charged me $40.00 for him and if he would of been a dolphin that is the price they would of charged. Then I found out Big Al's sell's the dolphins for $10.00.

Price that is paid being a newbie. But now I have found AA and you all have what I need so no need to really go to the store.

Well with the exception of supplies etc...

Their store is a warehouse, they are still in the process of converting it so right now, it doesn't look like much. In fact it looks like nothing... he has a couple aquariums up stairs, nothing downstairs, but it will come.

Are they trust worthy yes, I believe they are. Do they get you the best possible price, their prices for most items are comparable to wal-mart. I think with some of the cichlids I obtained only a dollar more. These were imported so I think the price is fair when you concider the freight and other costs associated with imported fish.

Lana

• 3 weeks later...
these guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyndi,

Did you purchase from them?

If you did what did you buy?

I have ordered from them now three times, they are very good, however their distributor is giving them grief, he keeps sending them the wrong items. For example I ordered some Cherry Shrimp and the distributor sent them flower shrimp. They also keep back ordering on them, so Mike and Matt are now looking for another distributor/importer to use.

The fish I have obtained from them are wonderful and in very good shape. They also are accomodating, because I can not make it to their warehouse during the day, I always get there in the evening and they ensure there is someone there to meet me.

Their goal is to clean out the back of the warehouse and setup aquariums in the back with fish they have imported. Right now for the most part they only house what is ordered, but if you look on their specials page, those are fish they currently have in stock now. Some are stunning...some I don't care for. Most are wild caught some are F1's.

Lana

OH I should note, that if you dont see what your looking for on their site, just tell them what you want, send them a picture, and they will work very hard for you to get you your critter, I just ordered some gups from them, now on their site they dont have a very large selection, so I found another site and from that site I told them what I wanted, these little guys are one of my back ordered items, then and my panda moors....but all my Cichlids are in, so once I get them I only have one more cichlid I think I would like to buy....but have to see if my new FREE 80 gal tank is leak proof, if not I bought some tank repair gunk and will see if I can salvage it, glass is very thick so heres hoping!!

This is true, however if you look at their site it just started on June 28th and because they import everything and don't keep anything in stock it is hard to get adult photos of them. Mike will be the first to tell you that he does not know a lot about the African cichlids. But he does try very hard and that accounts for something. He is also very personable.

They are better then going to the "pet" store, and even when I went to Aquarium Illusions and asked about one of the cichlids they had there they flat out told me they did not know a lot about them, as they specialize in salt water...

I have always had reasonable service with them, therefore continue to go back...

I guess if you want to see the quality they have call them up and go there in person... as they do have in their ware house what is listed on the specials page.

Lana