XP2 losing pressure?

BigA

Last night I have had a problem with my XP2. The amount of flow coming out of the spout is fluctuating It was running fine when I went to bed. When I got up, the pressure coming out was varying kinda like this

phones_emf-1.gif

It does sound like it is sucking in air from somewhere, I rechecked all the seals and hoses this morning before I came to work, and all seemed visually fine. Also there is not any water leaking anywhere. Dry as a bone.

I admit that I haven't cleaned the filter in a while, could this be the issue? Is it clogged? Or maybe a mechanical issue? Needing a new inpeller or new seal? Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

The sponges are dirty. Give them a good cleaning and you'll have your XP2 back to normal. :) I've had a few XP-line filters, and that's always been the case for me.

I had issues with one of my xp3s it ended up being a piece of valisnaria lodged in the intakenozzle on the head.

ok. I cleaned out the filter, the hose, the intake, the spray bar. The output flow pressure is still fluctuating. Going from high flow, to low, to high and so forth every couple seconds. Any other guesses?

Yes you should do that each time you clean the filters. The round cap just unscrews with a 1/4 turn. Pull the impeller out, it is magnetic. Clean the impeller and inside where it goes.

yup one of my XP3's did the same thing last year. There was PILES o crap built up around the impeller and because it is magnetic, it was impeding it's ability to operate effectively.

My flow rate skyrocketed after cleaning the impeller assembly just like it was new.

Yes you should do that each time you clean the filters. The round cap just unscrews with a 1/4 turn. Pull the impeller out, it is magnetic. Clean the impeller and inside where it goes.

I pulled out the impeller, cleaned it thouroughly. Everything is going good so far.....

Thanks for the help.