Hello from Cowtown

DaveDude77

Hi all, I'm new to the aquarium world and have started my first planted aquarium. I've got a 32G tank with an AquaClear 70 power filter, An AquaClear 30 heater, and a Coralife light rated at 96W @ 67000K, and I'm debating on getting a CO2 defuser. Living in the tank I've got:

5 Leopard Danios

2 Siamese Flying Foxes (the real ones, not the fakes)

3 Hygrophila Polysperma

2 Amazon Swords

1 Hygrophila Rosanervis

2 Anubias Barteri

2 little grass like plants (I'll get the names later)

So far everything's going well. I check my water quality on a regular basis to ensure all is going well using my Master Test Kit.

I can't wait to get to know some of my neighbour aquarium lovers here in Calgary.

Dave

:thumbs: LOL, this is great!!!! All I had to do was say hello and I already got some important info. You guys are just the greatest, Thanks.

Gobies et al: Norway!! Wow, that's cool. I'm curious how you ended up on AA?

Flip: So you don't think I'd need any CO2? I was figuring that because of the small size and the amount of plants that I would end up with an over abundance of O2, and that isn't good for the plants but great for Algae. Is this not true??

Slough Shark: Yeah, I heard that about SAEs. Can you tell me how fast they grow? I'm hoping that MTS sets in before they get too big and I can move one to another tank,or mybe trade at the LFS. Haven't checked if they latter is possible though yet.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes and the helpful tips.