Nicklfire Rimless 20 something Gallon Planted Tank

Nicklfire

Hey all,

Well just recently moved here from BC , living in calgary now. Thought i'd post a pic of my setup and show ya what i'm using.

I'm pretty high tech into the planted tank scene, this is the only tank i have setup since i moved.

-it's a 20 something gallon setup

-150w Metal Halide Light

-Laguna UV Sterilizer

- Eheim 2026 filter

- Eheim Spray Bar

- Pressurized co2 10lb cyl

- external aqua medic 1000 reactor

-I dose every day EI (estimated index) as well Dose with Tailored Aquatics Micro Trace Fertz

- I dose excell as an algaeside to fight some algae i get

-substrate is florabase next time i redo the tank i'll be using ADA soil

-diy light fixture

Here's a Video i made last night for it if your interested :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7dI1hDRAYg

Here's a more recent picture

SDC10701.jpg

Edited by Nicklfire

Wow, it used to look pretty awesome with the plants all grown in :drool: . Once you get too much HC I would love to get some from ya. My HC I planted has thinned out because of the work of my lovely pictus catfish whom no longer resides in that tank :eh: And pisces had none left when I was there this weekend :cry: Have you thought about what tank mates will all be in there when your done? I know the cardinals will hehe.

Hehe yea i'll definately hook ya up with some hc when it grows in nice and thick i think i'll have some to pass along :)

Tank mates .. hmmmm good question, yes i'm definately wanting to get a nice school of cardinals, i'd like a pair of german blue rams, i gotta a buddy in bc who breeds some of the best i've seen, so i'd like to steal a male from him, and that would probably be it for the time being :)

I'll get some nice fuller pictures when the plants grow in all the way and repost some pics/vid :)