Big Scare

Moonlightsedge

I went to feed my boys last night and...HOLY COW did I get a scare.

Ok so earlier in the evening I heard a craking noise and gave the kids heck for going into the kitchen, well no one had so I assumed it was the birds or something...

When I went to feed my boys I noticed an odd thing, the tank was dry...I looked closer and here was my red all curled up in the corner and dried out...my tank had split down the side and lost all the water, I almost cried that my eautiful little boy died...when I picked up the tank some of the water in amongst the rocks shifted to the corner he was in so I thought well maybe...I added a little more water to that corner and watched...HE MOVED...Oh thank you thank you to whoever made them able to survive the oddest conditions...so in the end he was Saved...but it was the last fright I needed last night

I had some issues with the poor ferrets I adopted recently from a bad situation, the little one kept escaping so I spent most of the evening fixing the problem and then to top off my night one of my fire belly toads is just gone...I looked everywhere in the tank and everything is covered there is only the tiny gap where the filter pumps the water in my cover is custom cut to fit around it right up against the sides of the filter, and yes I moved some of their rocks and sand around to see if she buried herself.

Anyways thanks for listening to my woes.

HOLY CATFISH, someone was watching over him... glad all turned out well...

My kids and I had our own Betta scare...

I had the kids do a water change, but only told my daughter to wait for the warm water and I will add, in the mean time my son grabbed a jug and poured it in, well shoot his betta, was struggling, the water was so cold, shoot I ran so fast to get hot water from the water cooler and kept adding it gradually, poor guy could barely move he was so cold, but I kept him moving and wouldn't let him stop, kept adding warm water and he made it, he was swimming around the next morning like nothing happened...WHEW...

Man I don't like those scare's... that kind of adrenalin rush I can do without...

Lana

Glad everything is well.. with the betta hope you find your toad !

lol, Good One... If you read it fast enough (which I did at first, I thought it said "with betta hope you find your toad !")

I am happy your fin baby was alright!

Edited by Mmamnstr

• 2 weeks later...
HOLY CATFISH,

first of all im happy the guy survived!

second of all...lmao i thought of batman for some reason when u said that; from the old show..."holy catfish batman" that would make my day to see that in the show

Edited by Ross

HOLY CATFISH,

first of all im happy the guy survived!

second of all...lmao i thought of batman for some reason when u said that; from the old show..."holy catfish batman" that would make my day to see that in the show

LMAO, that is to funny, I used to say that all the time... now it is just HOLY CATFISH...or HOLY SNAP...either or ....

Lana

Well, fish is still doing good, I might even be able to still get a batch of little ones from him yet.

On the other note...we found the toad and no she wasn't in the tank anymore, she didn't make it.

We found her only because our ferret baby sniffed her out. Otherwise we probably wouldn't have found her until we moved. We had moved all the furniture and took all the drawers out of the dresser and everything.

I was tempted to buy another one and not tell the kids but didn't forwarn my husband and he slipped up...my gosh the waterworks we had going on. (I am almost as bad though...lol)

Well I guess some of it turned out alright.