Hello from the great white north!!

cichlidmomwanabe

Hello everyone,

I just joined this group in hopes of finding out a whole lot of information on Cichlids. I currently have a 72 gallon community tank and 225 gallon empty tank. I bought the 225 gallon 2 weeks ago for my 14" Iridescent shark "Bruce" whom I had for 6 years. "Bruce" has now passed on as of last Sunday so I have decided to fill it with Cichlids. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and can't wait to hear from you.

:welcome:

A nother northerner (mind you I am a little more north than you are) Welcome sorry about Buce. Was he ill, or just old.

Neither they say that when you dont adjust their tank size to their size that the organs can start to shut down, which is why we bought the 225 gallon. One of those fish mysteries I guess, fine one day gone the next. Yellowknife, I dont even want to know how much it costs to keep fish up there. My grandma lives in Hay River.

Edited by cichlidmomwanabe

Welcome :) Sorry to hear about Bruce. But there are many experienced cichlid keepers on this site that should be able to help with any questions you may have. Just a question from me, what type of cichlids were you thinking of going for, south/central american or african?

Neither they say that when you dont adjust their tank size to their size that the organs can start to shut down, which is why we bought the 225 gallon. One of those fish mysteries I guess, fine one day gone the next. Yellowknife, I dont even want to know how much it costs to keep fish up there. My grandma lives in Hay River.

I am from Hay River!!

Welcome :) Sorry to hear about Bruce. But there are many experienced cichlid keepers on this site that should be able to help with any questions you may have. Just a question from me, what type of cichlids were you thinking of going for, south/central american or african?

Africans