Bulkheads...Where do I get them?

cichlidmomwanabe

I just bought a 225 gallon tank that is drilled for sump...I have no idea on how to run a sump system so I'm looking for some type of bulkhead that I can cap and close off the holes in the bottom of the tank. Any suggestions are welcome.

I just bought mine at Renown Industries in Edmonton. 5608 94a St. 780-435-3447. They're very helpful there. Waaayyy cheaper than at the local fish stores.

Some people have said you can get them at Princess auto too, but I couldn't find them there on my last trip.

Try some plumbing outfits near you.

If you are not going to run a sump, just get a piece of 6mm glass and silicone it over the hole. Would be the fastest and cheapest.

or educate yourself on sumps, and how easy to maintain and uber reliable and efficient they are. then plumb the tank and run a sump

The funny thing is I have done that some people like them some dont...depending on who you talk too. I have been also told to run a fluval fx5 as a sump is a top skimmer and most droppings and such doesnt float. Thanks for your opinion though. :D

Edited by cichlidmomwanabe

or educate yourself on sumps, and how easy to maintain and uber reliable and efficient they are. then plumb the tank and run a sump

The funny thing is I have done that some people like them some dont...depending on who you talk too. I have been also told to run a fluval fx5 as a sump is a top skimmer and most droppings and such doesnt float. Thanks for your opinion though. :D

Using the DIY PVC overflow you can actually have it pull water from the bottom of the tank.