Flower rays and tigrinum

African_Fever

Some updated pics of my two flower rays, and a single pic of one of my B. tigrinum. Not the best, but I'll try to get a couple more later today.

First, the female. Definitely my favourite ray! The bright lights wash out her black a bit, but she's still got a ways to go as far as getting darker. She was called a 'Trebol' flower by the exporter, and from what I can tell is the reason she's darker than the male. I'd guess she's about a 10" disc, while the male is 8" across.

post-45-1226507640_thumb.jpg

post-45-1226507654_thumb.jpg

And the male. Much lighter than the female, but he does occasionally get a bit darker. He's got more of a brown base to his colour rather than her black base.

post-45-1226507661_thumb.jpg

post-45-1226507671_thumb.jpg

The best pic I could get of one of my 4 B. tigrinum in this tank. They're all over 8" now, with the largest about 10" with a 6" streamer off the top and maybe 4" off the bottom of his tail. They always hang out towards the very back of the tank, and in a 26" wide tank it's not the easiest to focus that deep through the water. But the lights had them all agitated, so it was just a matter of taking a ton of them moving and hoping one was in focus enough to look half decent.

post-45-1226507679_thumb.jpg

Edited by African_Fever