Help me pick!

turtlechick

I've decided to keep my 55 gallon community tank, but I'm still wanting the 90 gallon. I've come down to 2 options...I'm ready for something a little bigger and better. I've researched oscars and african cichlids. I've fallen in love with both, and now can't decide which I want to go with. I have 5 1.5 inch africans now, but am thinking maybe of trading them for the oscars.......someone give me an opinion!!!

some cichlids don't bother oscars after all they are cichlids (oscars i mean)what kind of cichlids do you have?you might be able to have both! :boxer:

My personal opinion is get cichlids( not oscars).

I found oscars to be slow moving and not as fun to watch as a bunch of colorful fish darting around the tank.

But then again thats my personal opinion

My vote would be africans. you wont be able to keep more than 2 adult oscars in a 90 but if you stocked your tank with mbuna, you could have a whole colony in your 90 gallon... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

plus oscars are very messy and require more filtration, more food and way more water changes than the average fish in our hobby...

The tank that I'm purchasing was made for this guy's oscars...he has all the filtration and everything for it....how many africans could I have in a 90 gallon?

Also, I went to Tropical fish Imports in Lethbridge the other day and met some really big old fat oscars.....god are they ugly LOLOLOL The guy told me they keep getting them in because people don't want them anymore when they get that big....I have such a soft spot for unwanted animals.......ohhhhhhhhh I don't know what to do :'-(

Edited by turtlechick