titanium heaters

ABwildrose

Just a word of warning. The Won Bro titanium heaters are very handy because you can adjust the temp without having to put your hand in the tank. However, that means anyone can adjust the temp without too much difficulty :grr:

My hubby brought a few friends over tonight. I got awakened by him at 0400 with "I think I may have cooked your fish". He was trying to turn the light on the tank to show someone my tank but he was turning the dial on the heater instead. Anyways, other that the initial shock of waking up to that statement, no harm was done. I showed him how to override the timer on the lights (he will never remember) and gave him explicit instructions not to touch that heater dial again (he will never remember). I couldn't get too mad tho....at least he had sense enough to come and get me. I guess he and his friend debated for a bit. Hmmm.....Which is worse... waking me at 4 am or me waking up to boiled fish. I think he made the right choice. lol

Shelly, perhaps it is time for an addition to your house. A large three bay heated garage.

Bay 1 - your car.

Bay 2 - Locked and secured; a dedicated fish room.

Bay 3 - your hubby and his buddies

OR...just a doghouse for the hubby/kids.......... :smokey:

Smokey

p.s.... how did the foam work out ??

• 1 month later...

I use the Won Pro-Heat Titanium heater and I like the "unbreakable" aspect of it. This lends itself to being able to be placed very low in the tank, can have rocks leaning against it, no fear of fish breaking the glass (that doesn't exist), etc. I have my titanium plugged into a power bar that is hidden away in my aquarium cabinet so there's no danger of my spouse turning that dial. :)

J

PS: You can purchase the above heater at Kensfish, where I bought mine.

I'd be in... As long as it's a different version - the version we got last time where the thermostat plugs in makes for a HELL of a wiring nightmare when used on racks :) I saw they had some with real power cords leading to the thermostats - Those would be good!

Andy