stripping?

pinkeyfish

I have herd people saying thet if there fry isn't spit out soon that they might have to strip them my electric yellow has been holding for awhile now she is in a nursey because I do not have another tank she spit one last friday and one tonight but there is still more in there (I can see them) so hoe long should I wait before I strip them and hpw do you do that

Thanks alot , Shelley

Well stripping usually isn't necessary unless you are having problems with your female(she is sick or getting too thin from not eating). Some people strip their females because they want to save more fry or because their females dont' hold to term. So unless your female is starving to death there usually isn't a reason to strip the fry.

So your female spit 1 fry last week and another 1 this week? How long has she been holding for? Normally they hold for 3-4 weeks, she will spit when she is ready.

BUt here is a good article about how to strip fry. http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/stripping.php

it has been about 3 or 4 weeks I am not too sure I have had alot going on lately so the month just flew by she has 2 right now and I can see more in here mouth she spit one last Friday and one today so I thought that that was wierd but this is her second batch the first one I wasen't ready for so they got eaten