150 Rift Lake

Fishful Thinking

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great Pic Greg, I think if he wanted to that Venestus could kick the crap out of that sunburst peacock. Both lovely looking fish! Your gonna have to help me out with what setting are working for you. I have a decent camera but no idea how to use the manual settings to my advantage. And I get relatively crappy results with the auto settings.

Boom :boom:

Edited by Boom

Yeah, if only the Venustus knew how tough he could be! It's funny, the Sunburst is second or third on the pecking order right now and the Venustus is barely breaking the top ten. At least he has started to put on some blue. I will eventually learn about the setting, but right now I am just going on auto. Once I really learn how the technology works I will be glad to help.

There are some beautiful fish in those pictures. I like the action shot of the syno curved in a 'C' postcard worthy :thumbs:

What is that gorgeous fish in the picture with the 3 yellow labs adjacent to it? The one with the red horizontal strip. Its also 1/2 in the picture below that picture?

Thanks. Those synos are hard to keep in one spot long enough to take a picture, though! The fish with the red stripe is a Haplochromic sp. "flameback" or at least that's what I think it is. I bought it as a flameback. I like it because it can be hard to find a lot of red in the rift lakes outside of the red empress.

Some more shots. Do you guys find that when you are trying to get a shot of one particular fish they are never in the right spot but then the next day you are looking for someone else and that previously hard to shoot fish is always getting in your shots!?!

IMG_0212.jpg

Protomelas sp. "Spilonotus Tanzania" (Liuli)

IMG_0235.jpg

Synodontis petricola

IMG_0236.jpg

BN

Edited by GregL