Some new (better?) pics from my tanks.

Boom

I finally had a little bit of time last night to play with some camera settings. These are the results at this point. I still have to fine tune as some are still out of focus.

Enjoy.

OB peacock.

P1020995.jpg

P1030038.jpg

Red Zebra

P1030034.jpg

P1030039.jpg

Red Empress

P1030009.jpg

I would say burundi on the frontosa. Its not a one of the tanzania varieties as they don't have a mask. I only counted 5 stripes but the glare covered up the tail so I assumed there was one more stripe there so it won't be Kigoma (7 stripe).

OH Ryan, you would sure make Lisa jelous of your Ob, she has been wanting one with blue on it for a long time!

Your fish are beautiful!

My burundi's mask goes right over the head, yours looks like his mascara is running in a bad way...LMAO...

I think I have a map I saved here if you want to send me an e-mail I can send you a copy of the map, it has the different species and their color's on it... pretty neat anyway... shows the points of pick up along lake Tang.

lbollers@guardianchem.ca

Lana

Thanks Lana. I have that map too. That map looks like it shows only 1 frontosa that has the stripe only partially over the head like mine, but that's the Zaire that has 7 stripes. My fish definitely has 6, so I wonder if the front stripe will develop more when he/she gets older? I read that it's VERY hard to sex them too.

Boom :boom:

There is only 1 Cyphotilapia frontosa and that is the Kigoma (7 stripe).

I'm not even sure if they have given a species name to the burundis yet, but the gibberosa are primarily zaire. The main difference is the stripe on the face. Burundis is more of a stripe whereas the zaire types is more mask like. I'll try to take some pictures of mine when I get home. I have 1 burundi and a bunch of mpimbwes and Kitumbas or whatever the ones I got from Popeye were :)

Hey Greg, thanks. I was just playing with some of the manual settings, mainly white balance, set the ISO to 400, and adjusted the exposure a bit. Then I also did some cropping and brightness and contrast fixing on the photo editor. I have a LOT to learn yet, but they are getting better eh?

Boom :boom: