Best Place to buy healthy fish

wicked

I dont know about Edmonton but I like to get them from people on aa, the club members, or you can check out usededmonton.com. Ive got some nice stuff off of usedcalgary and kijiji. Peoples personal stock seem to be healthy considering they want there fish to stay alive. So buying them from the locals is nice because you get to check them out for yourself to see if there healthy and see how the rest of the tank is doing

There's also canadian suppliers on aquabid and I've gotten some awesome deals on good fish there. I'm big on supporting local suppliers too!!

I agree with majority, I obtained majority of my fish from individuals on this forum, not only are the fish healthy, but they are at the best price too! You also get to meet individuals on the forum and make new friends :beer:

Lana

I would also say do a little home work check out local fish stores and see if they quarantine any of there new stock. A good fish store will not sell fish unless they know they are healthy. So i recommend walking through some of the stores to see if they have quarantine tanks and ask them what they are for. I know of one fish store here in Calgary where they wont no matter what sell you a fish from there quarantine tanks, and the tanks even have not for sale written on them.

Edited by CORVETTE

The local aquarium clubs also have "for sale" ads on their websites too. The local aquarium societies are also a way to meet other breeders who aren't on alberta aquatica(poor souls).