Aquaclaer Filters

jus_sum_guy

I too use poly wool but I put it on the bottom of my sponge so i don't have to clean my sponge as often I also loaded up on boxing day with the wool that they put under them little towns and stuff, cut it to wrap half way up the sponge that way when ever it gets dirty(starts to float the sponge) just pull it off and put a new one on cost is probly a quarter cent each time and saves alot of my time and then bio cubes on top :thumbs:

I use the spong that came with it, as well as a poly - purchased what should be used for a seat it is about 1" thick so I just cut the size I need and it is already the perfect shape, it works very well. Found it in Wal-mart sewing section. I don't recall the size though I think it was 5$. Then depending what I am doing if I will add carbon in a piece of nylon, wal-mart sells nylons for I think $2.82 or some stupid price, and safeway is over $3.00. Then I can put in the ceramic rings...

In my AC300 I use just the sponge like RD, and then loose ceramic biomedia (I like the eheim ceramic balls!) You can fit more of it in there if it's not in a mesh bag, and I think it's easier to clean. Dump it into a bowl siphon some tank water in and swirl it around, drain & repeat! Done every 2 months around here. I've been contemplating looking for a finer layer of spongish sort of stuff for sparkly water, but that means more frequent cleaning.