My Super Red

letsgofishn

Wow , I think I picked the wrong fish. He is doing extremely well. Mine is only 10" still and very skinny. He eats pellets though, so I can't complain too much.

He looks like a really good eater Wayne. Congratulations on a great fish. He's doing very well.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Well it has been about 5.5 months that I have had this guy!!! He's approaching 14". :smokey:post-896-1247295734_thumb.jpg

(conservative and modest) Doing a great job with this fish my friend, well over 15". Water changes and good food?

• 3 months later...

It's been almost 9 months since I have had him. Not much of a eater, only feeding shrimp. Color is not as intense as RDFISHGUY, hope the Red will come out later! I am guessing he's around 16" now. All comments welcome, good or bad.

As you can see my photo skills really sucks, need to take some lessons from some of you pro's here.

He broke his right barbel almost completely off, but luckily it grew back.

post-896-1255586202_thumb.jpg

post-896-1255586279_thumb.jpg

Edited by letsgofishn

I think he looks good and his color will pick up. I have a green asian that is in apicky mood right now as well only eats freeze dried meal worms and some hikari carnivor sticks, wont touch his frozen smelts or krill any more.

Not much of an eater? He's a beast! Remember mine was 4" bigger when they came in and now he's only 14-15". Your aro is nice and thick like my XB. You have lots of time for him to come around. My SR is much older so be patient he'll come around.

Thanks guys!! Couple more Aro's? Well if you can convince my wife, I would be happy to get a couple more. Something like Boydo's or RTG Gerry's setup would be a dream, should have kept my old tank. I don't know how some of you guys can have multi tanks! hmmmm

Good news, he started eating pellets!!! :D Not a whole lot, but at least he's not spitting them out. So now eating shrimp and pellets.

Edited by letsgofishn

Looking good Wayne! You can always stuff pellets into the shrimp. (or whatever fish chunks you want to feed)

That's what Boydo does with his aros, and they swallow the fish cubes stuffed with pellets down whole.

It's a good way to get some supplemental nutrition into the fish, without them even knowing they are eating a dry food. ;)