ThaiSilk (Platinum) flowerhorn

Charles

Just want to share the photos of 5 ThaiSilk flowerhorn or more commonly known as Platinum flowerhorn that we have. Before we get into the debate on hybird, this thread is just for showing the fish. I really don't want to discuss the issue of problem or opinion about hybird fish.

However, comemts about what you think how this fish is created, it is very welcome. The creator is keeping a very tight lips on what is involved and the number of this ThaiSilk is very limited. We are quite lucky to be the first to get this first in Canada.

ThaiSilk2.gif

ThaiSilk.gif

With white tank treatment, this fish will turn platinum. As for now, they do have a blue tint in the color and they are still quite young at about 4"+

Edited by Charles

Pretty neat looking fish Charles---do they develop a kok--The white one almost looks like it has some albino oscar in it. I have seen some pics of other platinums and they looked a lot like texans

Looks good for a $500 fish Charles :) Kole has done well with his FH's this time!

Thanks Quinn. These guys are quite amazing looking. Very difficult for a photograph to captyre the true sheen that they have.

Funny thing is, I was on a chinese/thai or some other language website researching some info on platinum FH's the day before I had seen you were going to bring them in. You're selling them for quite cheap as I can see. A beautiful fish too.

Nice looking FH. I bet that once these fish mature, that if one was to use a 10,000K bulb to accentuate the blue sheen they would look stunning. So, which one of you is going to keep one of these FH to grow out? :)

Neil:

Perhaps Kole. I am all out of spaces with the rays and cats... Kole just recently got a few more tanks...