Need help to ID this guy

Trabby

post-3789-1233940478_thumb.jpgpost-3789-1233940058_thumb.jpgWhen we first purchased this little guy he was bought as a kenyi. We bought 4 that were all the same size, this guy we were told would definately be a male as his coloration was a dirty yellowish color already.However all of our blue kenyi's are yellow but this guy has not grown at all. Nobody bugs him yet, but he is half the size of any other fish. I have my doubts that he is indeed a kenyi, any thoughts?

Maybe he is just a midget kenyi?

post-3789-1233940478_thumb.jpgpost-3789-1233940058_thumb.jpgWhen we first purchased this little guy he was bought as a kenyi. We bought 4 that were all the same size, this guy we were told would definately be a male as his coloration was a dirty yellowish color already.However all of our blue kenyi's are yellow but this guy has not grown at all. Nobody bugs him yet, but he is half the size of any other fish. I have my doubts that he is indeed a kenyi, any thoughts?

All of the other fish in the tank are between 3.5 - 4 inches long, where as Barry :) is only about 2.5 inches. They all around 2 inches when they went in, but he has barely grown. He seems healthy, none of the other fish pick on him , thank god. Is he going to be fine on his own in the tank, being the only one of his size and species?

That's a tough one for sure. How big is he now? Perlmutts are dwarf mbuna, maxing out at around 4". Could be a female perlmutt or a sub dominant male, males are usually more white throughout the bodies, and the females look more like yours.