110 gallon for sale and I dunno what to do!!!!!

Erin

My uncle is selling his company and is selling off everything. There has been a 110 gallon in there for oh gawd EVER, and he's asking $550.00 Its up on kijiji. My mom thinks my dad might buy it for me and I can pay him back... Should I work on my dad and get him to get it for me????? I can pay him back over then next 3 months. Here is the ad... let me know if I should go for it or just let it pass and tell him to let someone on kijiji to buy it.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessori...QAdIdZ106025892

I need to know so I can call my dad tonight. so its an ASAP help. cause if I wait to long it will pass by me.

Thanks.

The canister filter is worth good bucks, what size? The UG filter is not the best filtration system because it needs maintenance before it gets bad for the tank . This means cleaning it out a couple times a year, taking the tank apart. As for the tank itself, it'll likely need to be re-sealed after all those years. It sounds pricey to me . I'm thinking , offer him in the ball park of $300 350. . This is my opinion though .For me , that's still high.

Find out how old it is first! You can buy a New 90 gallon with glass lids and a strip light for under $400. Plus filter heater and decorations would be a $150 touch or less. So what I am saying is you can get a brand new tank which is only 20 gallons less for the same price plus you get warranty on the tank and equipment you purchase. Since the 110 gallon doesn't have a stand it wouldn't seem worth it imo!

The canister filter is worth good bucks, what size? The UG filter is not the best filtration system because it needs maintenance before it gets bad for the tank . This means cleaning it out a couple times a year, taking the tank apart. As for the tank itself, it'll likely need to be re-sealed after all those years. It sounds pricey to me . I'm thinking , offer him in the ball park of $300 350. . This is my opinion though .For me , that's still high.

I agre with this. The UG should go directly in the trash can, You will most likely need to add another canister or A/C 500 for filtration. If you're looking at a planted tank you will need to upgrade the lighting, change out the substrate etc. You will also need a stand, and reseal the tank for your own safety. I would say top dollar $300.00.

He wouldn't take less then 400 for it so I said no... there is an amazing one at aqua giant that is 110 for like less then 600 NEW so meh thanks for all the help everyone. My dad also agrees with you. If he doesn't sell it maybe then he'll sell low to e :D but I'm not going higher then 200. Thanks again!