bad father!

fleshgear

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hard water thing is interesting. Do you think it's the same phenomenon as when you get little/no soap suds in hard water? Mr. betta's saliva(?) won't form and hold bubbles as easily?

This could hold true for Betta's.. and bubblenests...

I know that, if my water is not right.. I just don't get bubblenests.. its like they try but the bubbles pop easily, it could get fustrating for them and they give up.. and or when they spawn usually they end up knocking the bubbles so if the water is too hard they could break more easily..

someone could always experiment, using two pairs.. one in hard water with the same PH GH KH .. and soft water..

I don't have a hard water source to compare.. but I would if I did, just to test the theory.. :thumbs:

Two things I'd like to mention, if I may. I now filter my betta spawn water which puts the ph at 7.2. I managed to have 3 spawns in 9 days with no unsuccessful attempts. My attempts before this were more hit and miss. Sometimes more miss than hit, stupid fish!! I don't know if this is because of the lower ph or that I am better able to spot breedable fish. I think I will try the peat next time though as I'm not happy with the amount of fry I get. Second thing, I'd try a different male as this fellow doesn't seem to learn(like my insignificant other!!,LOL). I'd give him one more chance and then let him retire if he doesn't learn!!

I may have to go and get another nice ct male. He is the only male that is not a pk that I have. And he looks good. I think next time I try I will remove both fish imediatly form the tank after spawn and put an air filter in and methylene blue in and see what happens. What about egg tumblers for betta's?

IMG_1307.jpg

I will have a male CT that looks just like him, I have a spawn from him... also have a blue and red.. if you want I can bring him to the auction for fishclubgirl.. to bring to Calgary if your not coming... willing to let him go for 7.00 dollars... he is a proven breeder and is not mean with girls at all :) I have a video

Crowntail Spawn

IF Fishclubgirl doesn't mind? forgot to check with her first :P LOL

Edited by BlackMumba

Were you still interested in Coppers PK? they aren't full Plakat's but spawned with a Halfmoon.. I have some females but not many males I am afraid.. FishClubGirl.. I will have to check but I am pretty certain they are mostly females.

I have spawned a copper female already... so they are breed ready :thumbs: I also have baby blue coppers!! Let me know what you want ... !!

OH, I have a couple of Plakat/cross HM metallic navy blue's their father was a Double tail Imbellis/plakat cross !! they are pretty !! Might have a male ready!!

I am going to the ace auction. Do you have any other good ones? Any of the copper pk spawn you had?

I will try to sex some males out... they might be a bit smaller then the females at present... but let me dig.. I have bins full lol

Let me know what your interested in so I can bring them along...

I have RoundTails.. both males and females blues and reds/Peach and blue... these guys are beautiful.. don't let the ROUNDTAILS fool you, most people call them Delta's but they aren't.. because of the roundness of their tails.

I have Coppers, copper blue, marble their body is peach but with copper patches throughout their body... silver blue.. Plakat/Hm cross.. I have more females then males... so pairs might be difficult but I will do my best to find a pair.

Did you want the CT Male? Need to know if I should bring him along :thumbs:

I also have a copper Plakat male he is the father of my coppers I could bring him as well :thumbs: 5.00 for him.. he still has UMPH! LOL

Also, if interested in the DTGENO MALE NAVY Metallic.. PK I have a few more they are a bit smaller but won't take too long before they are large enough!! He would be sold at a flat rate of 15.00.. He should produce DT..spawn!

PM: So I bring enough for everyone :) what you want or interested in me bringing..

I planned on bringing Ten for the Auction.. I will bring additionals, if needed.. but I need to know how many more and what of more shall i bring..

The breeders I have used wouldn't be sold in the auction.. it would be a special request to bring along :)

I don't have pictures of the coppers they were too small but now they grew like weeds in the last little while, Patrick and I haven't had time to take new photo's but I do have some examples on our website of the RoundTails..females aren't shown but they have the same coloration just dullier as those girls would..

The Copper father is also on the website.. whom I am offering for 5.00 His children are available.. :)

The white male I wont be offering he is an old man now... and had a bit of a hard time has an eye injury.. I have his spawn all white Plakats.. hoping for a spawn this weekend if I can find the time !!

GillsNFins

We are going to be updating the betta page here soon.. with more colorful photo's .. we've been extremely busy lately.. so excuse the rush job on it.

These are just examples, not the orginals... but their colorations are similiar except the black and blue guy he is gone.. I have something similar but not the same just as stunning though!! :thumbs: